Thursday, October 4, 2012

More Good News!!!

Ignore the graphic; go to www.amazon.com to buy the book!

Some very good news from this morning's medical appointment; I have been cleared to drive a car once again, provided that there is another driver onboard to get the vehicle back home if I get too tired to drive. Otherwise, I am told I'm in fine shape, and doing very well. I got the outer layer (of three layers) of stitches out this morning, so my neck is a lot less sore and a lot less stiff.

The other good news from this morning is that my copy of "Playing at the World" showed up on the doorstep, and I have begun reading through it. It's hysterically funny - for me, anyway! - having lived through those times. If you have any interest at all in the early days of the RPG hobby, then this very well researched and very carefully annotated book will be a real treat. From my own perspective, I can tell where the author didn't have access to some of the documents that I've had access to, back in Ye Olden Dayes, so if there's a second edition you'll want to pick that up as well. There's a link to the author's blog to the left, and I encourage you to visit!

In short, it has been a very good day, and very enjoyable!!!

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear you're on the mend. I agree on the phone annoyance - I can't bear the things but then it's mostly my wife's sister that rings......grrrr. Working in a call centre really doesn't make any sense....

    Get well.

    Dave

    ReplyDelete