Saturday, November 24, 2012

Anybody Seen My Radium Rifle? Those Dang Kids Are On My Lawn Again!!

She's smarter then you are, too. Me, I watch out for the sharp pointy things.

I promised you that we'd get back to our regularly scheduled programming.  The satellite reciver has been giving us 'preview channels' this holiday weekend, and we got to see one of our very favorite movies again.

Yep, "John Carter". "Of Mars", but somebody who used to work for The Mouse thought that giving the full title would make it too complicated for us groundlings.

I loved this movie, but that maybe because I've read the books by Edgar Rice Burroughs about Barsoom. Phill would have loved it as well; he loved Barsoom as a kid, he once told me when he introduced me to the series. The movie was everything I wanted to see: Action, Adventure, and Romance. Sure, the movie has it's faults, but I liked it. It was something that seems to have been forgotten along the way - FUN.

Buy a copy. You won't regret it, and you can steal stuff from it for your games. Thanks!

3 comments:

  1. Hey! I liked it. Enough to buy it a second time when I got a Blu-Ray player.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Again, good call. I think Ian will like this...

      - chirine

      Delete