Monday, December 3, 2012

Now You See Them, Now You Don't!

Before

During

It was a busy weekend of sorting and boxing, and along the way I got to thinking about the new figures for the Aridani Legion of Lady Mrissa. Howard Fielding, (he of The Tekumel Project fame, and  new photos up, by the way) is doing some really great figures based on a very nice drawing by Jeff Dee that really elaborates on the small 'thumbnail drawing' in "Armies I". A couple of years ago, I was able to find about forty of the old (and long out of production!) 25mm  Grenadier 'Amazon Hoplites'; I'd painted them up for our game "The Battle In The Clouds", but now - with the arrival of the new figures for this Legion - they're obsolete. Since they looks very Mu'uglavyani in their 'cookpot' helmets, and since the little Mu'uglavyani army I have needs more medium infantry, these girls are taking a bath in my preferred stripping solution (half "Simple Green" cleaner, half tap water, wait one week) and will be reformed as Red-hat mediums. I'll salvage the spears and shields, and give them new ones based on the Legion I pick out of "Armies III". Photos of the work as it progresses...

[Footnote: I'm told that these old figures may be available from Mirleton Miniatures in Italy, but I have no information on that... Sorry!)

2 comments:

  1. They in fact are still available from Mirliton Miniatures. http://www.mirliton.it/index.php?cName=fantasy-2528mm-amazons

    ReplyDelete