Sunday, December 30, 2012

The Sunday Update - December 30th, 2012

The wonderful card from Howard Fielding of The Tekumel Project;
the photo I'll use to warn you that another boring update on my condition follows...

It's been, and still is, a great holiday weekend. I've had a good medical visit Friday, where I was told that aside from the high blood pressure I am basically healthy as the proverbial horse. We're working on getting my blood pressure number into the range that normal people have, which will be actually lower then my normal set of higher-pressure readings. (Yes, I'm a freak. I simply live faster and harder then most people, which is why I get things done faster. I'm also both dyslexic and ambidextrous, and I have ten identical fingerprints according to the government.) I can't have anything salty to eat, limited caffeine, or anything else that might get my blood pressure up; annoying, but there we are.

**********

I have been cleaning up and rebuilding the game room, in preparation for this year's season of gaming, and I've been enjoying myself immensely. I have been weeding out all of the figures I've stocked up over the past decade and never used, or even painted. There's going to be over a decade of old reaper figures appearing in the Scrapyard, as well as assorted items that just never took fire with anyone. I'll post announcements as I can.

**********

I will most likely not be on-line during my work week of Sunday night thru Friday morning, due to my work schedule and sleep / wake cycle. I will try to process e-mails as soon as I can, but please don't be alarmed or annoyed if I don't reply to you right away. I am finding that I'm simply too tired to type after I get home in the morning, and there just isn't the time during the launch cycle in the evenings when I get up for my over-night shift. My medical appointments are normally on Friday afternoons, and my Satuday afternoons and evenings devoted to the game group, so I'll be doing posts and e-mails on those two days as I can. I do have tomorrow off as a holiday, so I'll have more posts and e-mails done then.

**********

"To Serve The Petal Throne" is now up to roughly 56,000 words in the raw manuscript. If you'd like to look at a copy, let me know.

**********

I am restarting work on "Qadardalikoi: Advance Standards!", and I'll have more on this as well.

**********

I hope, health permitting, to get back to work on a lot of projects that stalled out / got sidetracked over the past year:

The 'good' Sakbe road sections: six road sections, one large tower section, and two smaller towers;

The collection of buildings as well as new ones showing how Ken Fletcher used to make them;

Sorting and organizing the miniatures collection;

Prepping and organizing the 'show support' collection of pre-built game tables, including cutting doen the old large scenery 'tiles' into much more useful 'universal' modular tiles.


1 comment:

  1. I do like that card. It has a very ying-yang symbolism if you think about it.

    ReplyDelete