Sunday, January 27, 2013

The Update for Sunday, January 27th, 2013

Yet another one of my 'pre-school style' games
Still alive, amazingly, and I got my blood pressure down to 134 over 80 yesterday after the game session. I still get tired out pretty quickly, but I'm still here. I had a very good day yesterday pottering about amongst the miniatures, and quite a bit of fun doing the "Why did I get these???" routine.

**********
I'm in the run-up to Con of the North, where several of the Usual Suspects will be running Tekumel events this year; I'm providing a few things, so the next two weekends will be very busy getting it all ready.

**********
The group will be putting on one big 'outside' game event this year, unlike in past years where we did a number of events. The idea is that since the logistics for several small events are just as much work as for one big event, we can economize on effort and work and put on a better event. It'll be much more like the event we did in 2011 with several tables running at once; we have the miniatures and the scenery to do it, so why not? Details as I get them, of course.

**********
We will bring back the David L. Arneson Memorial Maritime Miniatures Mayhem Event, after a year's gap, because we want to. Details to follow; we're likely to be doing this away from the usual March - April window so as not to have a scheduling conflict with the folks in New York who run D & D events remembering Dave, as well as Gary Con.

**********
And speaking of Dave Arneson / Captain Harchar, "To Serve The Petal Throne" is now up to just over 65,000 words; I just finished his battle with the Haida Pakallan ships, and I'm kinda pleased with the result. Since I have the model ships, I may just use photos of the game table to illustrate the battle.

**********

"Work on "To Serve The Petal Throne" continues; I need to take a day to get the volumes organized, the book has gotten big enough to require being broken down into five volumes; luckily for me, Chirine's career also breaks down into five discrete 'epochs', so it should all work out. My lovely daughter Kerry is the Editor-in-Chief of the whole project, and any comments you might have will be gratefully accepted by her as she wrestles the beast into submission. If you'd like to see the draft, please feel free to e-mail me here at The Workbench.

1 comment:

  1. It is good to see that your BP is coming done. Those numbers were normal for me before I have the stent installed last month, now I normal run around 110/68.

    Anyways, it's good to see that your great group is planning on a big "outside" game event this year. Keep us posted!

    Oh, could you please send me a copy of the latest draft of TSTPT.

    Thanks,
    Mark

    ReplyDelete