Sunday, April 21, 2013

It's Been A VERY Long Week, Thank You!, or, The Weekly Update for Sunday, April 21st, 2013

Legio XX Valeria Vicitrix shows those pesky folks across
The Wall why it's not a good idea to mess with Rome.
Or HBO, either.

It has, if I may be frank, a lousy week. On the good side, all of my relatives and friends in the greater Boston Metroplex have checked in, and all are safe and well. Very shaken, in some cases, but safe. On the bad side...

Well, you can guess the bad side; a whole lot of pain and suffering for people who didn't need it. Our hearts and prayers go out to them; we have our own First Responder here at The Workbench, our roomie Joe the Fireman, and we worry about him every time he goes to work.

**********

The heavy lifting in the game room and game lounge are done, much to my delight. The last major bit of work, moving the 36" wide rear projection monitor for the computer systems, was finally done last night and the thing is now hooked up and working. I also got the two rolling shelving units on the North Wall, the ones that hold the siege artillery park - I have a lot of artillery for Tekumel, let's be blunt - and the scenic items. I still have to build some shelves to moor the fleet of 25mm / 28mm boats, but at this stage of the project that's a pretty minor bit of carpentry. I'll have the room ready for our next game session on Saturday, as all I really need to do is pick up all the loose bits up off the floor, and I am pretty darn pleased at how well it's all going.

**********

I am also pleased to announce that despite all the stress of the recent incidents in the news, and the series of nasty winter storms we've been having of late here in the northwoods, I am still stable and in the 'normal' range for my blood pressure. Mind you, I'm on a set of medications that takes a while to cram down my gullet every morning and evening, but I can deal with that.

**********

As announced in the previous post, the draft Table of Contents for the book is now up on a page of it's own. Have a look, if you like.

1 comment:

  1. I know how you feel, my sister lives in Bellingham and works in Cambridge.

    ReplyDelete