Sunday, May 12, 2013

Weekly Update for May 12th, 2013 - The Chaos Continues!

Chirine, as I painted him in 1976, and his deck chair.

It's been a very busy week, here at The Workbench! Over a thousand pounds of granite and concrete uprooted and moved, multiple boxes arrived in the mail from the clever Howard Fielding of The Tekumel Project, boxes in the old spare bedroom packed and sent, and yet more miniatures sorted into new storage bin-drawers. As Kokigami commented, I think I need a nap.

I am very happy with the progress we're making. The old place is looking better, and the game room becoming very easy to use. It's a lot of work, admittedly, but it's happening.

**********

Some bad news to report; as noted on his Facebook page, artist Dave Maggi's father was recently diagnosed with cancer. Our hearts to out to Dave; anything we can do, let us know!

**********

Today is Youngest Daughter Maya's birthday - Happy Birthday!!!

**********

The new Ahhogya, Swamp Folk, Tinaliya, and Qol that have come in from The Tekumel Project are superb. I will get photos shot of them as soon as I can, and do some 'reviews' of them for all of you. I cannot tell you just how happy I am with these; clean, crisp castings, very dynamic poses, and a wild variety of options for arms and accessories. Simply wonderful!!!

May I suggest having a look at The Tekumel Project's web site / blog? Howard is very good about posting photos of his work, and I've provided a link to him over in the left-hand column. Click on it, and get transported to Tekumel miniatures paradise.

I have also gotten a set of the Mara from Howard; he's doing a line of South Asian miniatures, specializing in Southeast Asia, and he's doing some very - and I do mean very! - interesting work. Check it all out at his "Lohwand" blong, for which I have also provided a link in the left column. The Mara are very nice figures, with all sorts of options for heads, weapons, and hands; delightful, and sure to terrorize my players for years to come!



No comments:

Post a Comment