Sunday, May 26, 2013

Weekly Update for Sunday, May 26th, 2013 - The Memorial Day Weekend

Why, yes, my dad flew planes around; why do you ask?

It's the middle of a long, slow, and peaceful holiday weekend; if you could, take a moment from your grilling and socializing to remember the people who made sure that you'd be able to have a long holiday weekend. 

Thanks!

**********

I am working on a venue to hold the June 8th 'Braunstein' game in; gaming space in the shops in the Twin Cities is at a premium as the stores market their product lines, and tournaments are the big thing at the moment. As soon as I get a booking firmed up, I'll let people know.

**********

Having time off this weekend has made a huge difference in my life; not only is my blood pressure way down, but I'm finally getting the time I need to organize the miniatures collection and get the painting process restarted. All of the new figures that have come in from Howard Fielding and The Tekumel Project have now been assembled, based, and in primer; I'll start the painting process this week, alongside the other work I'm doing to get caught up on my project list.

**********

No new real updates on my book, "To Serve The Petal Throne", this week; I've been working on the June 8th event booking. However, I am up to 80,401 words at the moment, and I've been distracted from the battle at Castle Tilketl to the battle we fought against the Ssu at the Monastery of the Falling Leaves. It's a choice of running around the Desert of Sighs while being chased by all the Yan Koryani in the world, or running around the mountains of Chaigari being chased by all the Ssu in the world.

How do I get into these predicaments, anyway?

**********

If I may, I'd like to add a bit here about how the weekend has been going; I had a lovely time yesterday at my niece's graduation party, where my sister and her husband had gathered their vast and wonderful family for our inspection. The new grand-nieces and nephews were also on display, and I have to say that I was a proud - and eccentric uncle. Eldest Daughter and her stalwart Nylss came by in the evening, and my grandson - The Bouncing Baby - was kind enough to drool all over the place. I keep a  wet-vac handy for this kind of thing, so it was a simple job to pump out the bilges.

**********

For the benefit of anyone so inclined, photos of the June 8th game from the last time we ran it are up on my Photobucket page, in the "David L. Arneson Memorial Game" folder.

1 comment:

  1. t's a choice of running around the Desert of Sighs while being chased by all the Yan Koryani in the world, or running around the mountains of Chaigari being chased by all the Ssu in the world.

    Yeah, how do you put yourself in such circumstances! Quite impressive, really.

    I'm in the midst of reading Flamesong right now, and right now is really enjoying tall tales of Tekumel. :)

    ReplyDelete