Monday, June 10, 2013

The Weekly Update for Monday, June 10th, 2013 - Whew! A Truly Wonderful Weekend!

Man Overboard!!!
Before I get to the game news, I'd like to note that one of my favorite authors, Iain M. Banks, has passed away after a battle with cancer. My I suggest having a look at the BBC story?


Witty, entertaining, thought-provoking, and just plain wonderful reading. I'll miss him.

**********

It has been a very busy week, and a simply wonderful weekend! I was busy all week getting the big game ready for launch, but all of the work paid off; we had a good crowd of enthusiastic players, and my classic Braunstein seems to have pleased them. I am uploading the photos I took to my Photobucket page, and The Missus has gotten three video clips of fifteen minutes to a half an hour loaded onto the new video website - links to both in the left-hand column. We also did a much longer video recording of the whole game, and we'll be editing this into something useful for people to marvel at.

[Edit: Photos are now up on the Photobucket page:


Have a look and enjoy!]

May I suggest looking at other folks' thoughts on this event?

(One of the players from Team Hlutrgu has a great report on page six of the thread)

(More good discussion about the game and the underpinnings of it)

(Our own Mr. Till reports from the headquarters of Team Hlutrgu)

I will have a lot more posts and messages about this game as the week goes on - right now, I need to catch up on my sleep!!!

And a very, very special thanks to everyone who made this game happen:

Howard Fielding of The Tekumel Project;
The Missus, for the video work;
My Family for all their help and support;
My friends in the Aethervox Gamers Group, for all their help and support;
The management and staff of Fantasy Flight Games and the Fantasy Flight Games Event Center,
for all their help and support;
All of the players who came and made this game a success - and so much fun!

and:

Dave Arneson. M. A. R. Barker, Dave Wesley, Ross Maker, Fred Funk, Chuck Monson, and all of the other folks in the University of Minnesota Conflict Simulation Society back in those far-off days of yesteryear...

It's been a truly wonderful weekend!!!

Thank you!!!

2 comments: