Sunday, June 30, 2013

Weekly Update for Sunday, June 30th, 2013 - Busy, Busy, Busy!

We are assured by Leading Internet Experts that there are no 'pulp' influences on Tekumel (TM);
So why is that Silver Suit (Space Marine) giving that Hlyss the business?

(I'm just sooo confused - what with being just a simple-minded miniatures guy and all...)

First off, in health news, The Missus and I are alive. Anything else is laginappe, and we shan't complain.

**********
It was a wonderful day out yesterday, aboard Nina and Pinta, and I'll keep loading photos onto my Photobucket page; I'm having issues with the connection, so it may take a while to get all 140 photos up. In the meantime, there are something like 30 up on there at the moment.

**********
The major demolition and excavation work in the various rooms of the house that we undertook to expand the game area and clean out the spare room is now done; I'm into the detail work, and I have another long weekend ahead in which to get it all done. The goal, as I think I reported earlier, is to be able to provide game space to a 'two-table standard', where we can have one game going in the game room proper and another - most likely an RPG - in the game lounge. The net effect will allow me to set up a miniatures game at my leisure, and still have the table space for RPG gaming to continue while I do my thing. The spare room, is fitted out with a couch and amenities for people to lounge around, so we have 'retiring space' for people during game weekends and suchlike.

My thought is that back in 2010 / 2011, we hosted a 'Tekumel weekend' here at The Workbench that was like a tiny 'micro-convention'. Nothing too hot or heavy, just a bunch of friends enjoying Phil's creation, and it was a very nice and relaxing weekend of fun and games. I'd like to do this kind of thing again, and the work I've been doing in the basement and on the first level is intended to facilitate that goal. I'm just past the midway point, and while it's been a lot of work I think it's been worth it.

**********
Part of all this work has been the sorting and separation of many of the miniatures in my collection into discrete sections. Obviously, the purely Tekumel figures comprise the vast bulk of what's in the game room; what I've been doing is sorting out figures that are suitable for use in the 'indie' RPGs being produced here in the Twin Cities (like "Blade and Crown", and "Heirs Of The Lost World") and setting up sections to make it easy to facilitate game sessions using these games. My thought is that since we have the resources to do neat games in the same style for these RPGs as I do for my Tekumel RPG sessions, why not?

There are a lot of 'orphan' miniatures in the basement as well, and these are going to new homes. Over the past forty years of building and painting, I've accumulated quite a lot of stuff, and some of the figures and models just never 'took' for me. So, off they go to people who will appreciate them, and we'll have more room for the wonderful new figures being produced by Howard Fielding and The Tekumel Project! Yea!

No comments:

Post a Comment