Sunday, July 21, 2013

Weekly Update for Sunday, July 21st, 2001 - Dusting The Dead Birds, Among Other Things

The dead bird in the living room
(There's a dead pterodactyl there as well.,)

I am in the third day of my sixteen-day vacation, and I am a very happy camper indeed. I am getting lots of sleep, and getting stuff done around the workbench that's been hanging fire for the past decade - yes, it's been that long since I had a real vacation. Some of the jobs are simple domestic ones, like dusting the dead bird and lizard in the living room (see above; I have first generation casts from the originals) and getting the last of the furniture set out in the spare room. Unfortunately, I'll also have to patch the hole in the garage roof - we had a hole show up, last winter - and do some other intense tasks, but I will be careful, take it slowly, and take my pills faithfully.

**********
I have gotten a lot done in the game room, I am happy to report, and am finally getting to many of the projects I started five years ago and never got the chance to finish. Photo will follow.

**********
The poor old Mac Mini I used to use as a desktop computer seems to have taken a nasty hit during the bad weather we had here in the Twin Cities a few weeks ago, and has gone the way of all electronics. The Missus, Queen of the Internet, as usual saved the day by hooking the wreckage up to the huge IMac G-5 that I'm now using as my computer - Mercy! It's huge!!! - and used the Mini as an external hard drive to transfer all of the data over to the new computer. Everything has been saved, and the new machine is screaming fast.

**********
I got another 2,500 words done in "To Serve The Petal Throne", last night; I'm in the midst of the battle against the SSu we fought at the Monastery of the Falling Leaves, near Hekellu. Chirine fights the Ssu, and Si N'te has twins; the usual for us, more or less...

2 comments:

  1. Enjoy the break! Love the dead bird.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You never know hen you'll need an Archaeopteryx fossil. They make great coasters, door mats, pizza boards...

    ReplyDelete