Sunday, August 11, 2013

The Weekly Update for August 11th, 2013 -The End Of The Campaign Season

Yet another one of Those Days in the lives of Our Heroes.

It's August, already, and we're at the end of the annual campaign season. I will be off to work the football homes games at the end of the month, and we've traditionally taken a long break during September through November to allow me to work all that overtime. We normally come back with a bang after the Thanksgiving holiday, where I have several days off to get things ready for a largish miniatures game. I'll still continue to post and update during the hiatus; there's always lots of stuff happening, as this is normally my most productive time of the year for painting and writing.

For the record, the usual campaign year starts with the Thanksgiving game, followed at the turn of the calendar year with the Annual Holiday Game; we started that tradition over a decade ago, and I still run something on New Year's Day every year. Early Spring sees the local game convention, Con of the North, and this coming year that nice Mr. Brett Slocum is masterminding a Tekumel 'track table'; please see his reports at:


Later on in the spring we have the David L. Arneson / M. A. R. Barker Memorial Games Event, which looks to expand a bit this coming year. Also in the spring, on the first game session day following the vernal equinox, we have the Tsolyani New Year's Party.

Summers are a little slow, but we do have the Minnesota Miniatures Gaming Association 'Recon" one-day game event in early August; I'm planning on running a game at that event, and I will keep people posted on it.

And, of course, we have the game group meeting here at The Workbench on the second and fourth Saturdays of the month. We may have to cancel the second game session this month, due to people being out of town on the day.

**********

"Appendix N for Tekumel" - I'm going to be posting in response to the questions I get on what is and what is not 'my' Tekumel, and I'll also be doing a page on some of the 'source' materials that Phil enjoyed over the years. Motion pictures, books, and other media will be referenced.

**********

I can finally say that all of the 'heavy industry' in the game room is done. I still have to build the new shelves in the storage shed before the winter sets in and move all of the plastic tubs of scenic materials out there, but otherwise the game room and the game lounge are done. It's amazing, how much room is there; now I can run two game tables at once, and leave a game up and running on one if we need to. Photos to follow, once I paint the wall with the huge cork board on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment