Sunday, August 25, 2013

Weekly Update for Sunday, August 25th, 2013 - It's hot, but I still have a sense of humor.

The modern take on the Conan mythos :)

And the classic original take...
Mr. Frazetta would be hugely amused, I think.

It's the dog days of summer, and I'm up very early in the mornings to take advantage of the cool air just after sunrise. The rest of the time, I'm either asleep in the air conditioning or at work in the basement in the air conditioning. There's a trend, there. Lots of short news items for you to peruse, this morning, and I'll try to be brief.

**********

We have one more game session left before I have to take a break for the local football season; I'll be away all September and then I have isolated games in October and November. I will be doing updates, here at the blog, but you should e-mail me for specific game dates here at The Workbench.

********** 

I have finished the work to build the new and improved storage areas, and I will be moving into them this week. I will also be finishing the new lights on the Workbench proper, and really cranking up for painting tis fall as the cooler weather hits. As a part of all this, I have been going through and sorting the contents of the dozens of boxes that we have everything packed into, and getting it all sorted. It's a lot of work, but we'll be in far better shape once it's all done.

**********

I am 'decommissioning' a lot of what might be called 'proxy' figures, in order to concentrate on the purely Tekumelyani figures in the collection. I have a number of figures that will be coming in from Howard Fielding and The Tekumel Project, and I need to make room for them. I am really concentrating on having figures that really look the best for our games, and 'weeding out' all of the relatively marginal ones that I've been putting up with over the past decade. The spares will go into the stripper and then into storage, until I come up with a plan for what to do with them.

**********

"To Serve The Petal Throne", my book about gaming with the Professor, is up to 87,769 words as of this morning, and it going strong.

**********

Speaking of books, Konrad Lischke is publishing his book on the origins of RPGs; he's the journalist who interviewed me in 2008 about Tekumel and Professor Barker. You can learn more from him at:

http://drachenvaeter.org/en/

And you can see his article about the Professor at:

http://www.spiegel.de/netzwelt/spielzeug/tekumel-schoepfer-m-a-r-barker-der-vergessene-tolkien-a-649336.html

and:

http://www.spiegel.de/netzwelt/games/zum-tod-von-m-a-r-barker-mayas-statt-mittelalter-a-822126.html

You can click to see photos, too!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you're having fun! Post some picks of your finds please!!

    ReplyDelete