Sunday, September 1, 2013

The Weekly Update for Sunday, September 1st, 2013



It's Edgar Rice Burroughs birthday, today! Hurrah!

**********

Well, it's been a very busy week here at The Workbench. I have finally gotten the storage situation here at the old place sorted out, and over thirty tubs of gaming scenery and supplies have now been sorted and stored. I have something like 430 cubic feet of gaming stuff like trees, hills, and other scenery, and it was all taking over the game rooms to the point you didn't have room to game. I still have some odds and ends to sort out, but we're on the back side of this particular hill.

**********

The video side of the house is also done, and I will be doing the first 'pod cast' in October; I'm not going to try it in September, due to my work schedule, but I'm hoping to have a regular series of half-hour 'shows' from then on. They will be done on Saturdays, live at two on non-game days, and then available on the web as archived programs.

Video participation in games is also in the works, with upgrades to our computers being mooted.

**********

Brett Slocum has the preliminary programming information for Con of the North, here in the Twin Cities, up on the Yahoo group he's established for the event:


I think Brett's done a great job of getting some really good games on the schedule, and I'm looking forward to seeing what happens!

One note: Yahoo has changed their page format, to be more like Facebook or something. I find it very hard to use, and with less features then the old format; be patient.

No comments:

Post a Comment