Tuesday, October 29, 2013

The Annual New Year's Holiday Game - or - "Safari to the Psgheti, Redux"

Image Copyright Mr. David Helber

I still don't know what I'll run for the scenario for the Annual Thanksgiving Holiday Game, but I know what I want to run for the much less serious and much more light-hearted New Year's Holiday Game on December 28th, 2013:

A safari.

"Huh?" I hear you ask; what's he on about this time? May I direct your attention to one of the very best 'old school' gaming websites you've likely never heard of:


This is the kind of 'miniatures gaming' that I grew up with, and I think it's pretty fun. So, with that, here we go...

In what may be the most ill-considered move in all the rich history of Tekumel gaming, Lord Chirine ba Kal has acceded to the wishes of his family to "Take us someplace we've never been yet!!!" for their annual vacation, and packed up his wives, concubines, children, handmaidens, bodyguards, assassins, chamberlains, servants, musicians, household troops, dancing girls, cooks, ladies-in-waiting, rowers, bosuns' mates, food tasters, bearers, and all the other staff needed for gracious living in Tsolyanu into an assortment of palanquins, chlen carts, trunks, tubeway cars, boats, tents, barges, aircars, baskets, and packs and gone on safari to the placid banks of the Psgheti River.

What could possibly go wrong?

No comments:

Post a Comment