Monday, October 28, 2013

The Campaign Year - 2014 ( as I'd like it to be...)

The Game Room every March, for the Tsolyani New Year's game session

As I mentioned yesterday, I'm getting back to the 'campaign year' sort of schedule that I used to follow, and which had been very successful for over a decade. The basic idea is to give a structure for both game session and build cycles - the former drive the latter, at least in the way I do things. The needs of the game campaign, and the various amusing incidents that crop up, provide the inspiration for my model-building; we used to do this in the original Thursday Night Group, where my 'job' was to build things for games, and it worked well there as well as in our own newer game group. So, here we go:

The Campaign Year - November 2013 to November 2014

(Yes, I know that's a little odd, but it's how my holidays fall at work.)

November, 2013
RPG game session
Podcast
Annual Thanksgiving Miniatures Game
Convention: U-Con, Ann Arbor, Michigan (Support for games)

December, 2013
RPG game sessions
Podcast
Annual Holiday 'Braunstein' Game (subject to be determined)

January, 2014
Two RPG game sessions
Podcast
'Build Month'

February, 2014
One RPG game session
Podcast
Convention: Con of the North, Twin Cities, Minnesota (Support for games)


March, 2014
Two RPG game sessions
Podcast
'Build Month'
Annual Tsolyani New Year's Party (at the game session closest to March 15th)


April, 2014
One RPG game session
Podcast
Game Event: The Annual David L. Arneson Memorial Maritime Miniatures Mayhem Event
(A 'Braunstein' set in Lake Parunal)




May, 2014
Two RPG game sessions
Podcast
'Build Month'


June, 2014
One RPG game session
Podcast
Game Event: The Annual Dr. M. A. R. Barker Memorial Game



July, 2014
Two RPG game sessions
Podcast
'Build Month'


August, 2014
One RPG game session
Podcast
Convention: Minnesota Miniatures Gamers "Recon" , Twin Cities, Minnesota


September, 2014
One RPG game session
Podcast
Game Event: The Annual Labor Day Holiday Miniatures Game

October, 2014
One RPG game session
Podcast
(During my football season, where I work extra weekends...)

REPEAT


I think you can see how this works; a month of build time followed by a game event, with games from 'stock' in months where I don't have time to build things.





2 comments:

  1. tired just reading it.. good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! It looks a lot busier then it really is; I've built in a lot of 'slack time' for writing and painting... :)

    yours, chirine

    ReplyDelete