Sunday, October 13, 2013

The Weekly Update for Sunday, October 13th, 2013 - Good News, Bad News...

From Dragonblood Miniatures, now Cavalcade Wargames

Very much a mixed bag of news this week, and I'll try to get it all organized for you...

First off, I will be doing my first 'podcast' this coming Saturday, October 19th, at one in the afternoon (local time). You'll be able to see it live at our video blog website,


where it will also be kept up for your amusement. I'll be taking about gaming with Prof. Barker and Dave Arneson, back in Ye Olden Dayes, as well as various other topics that might be of interest. If you have a question or thought you'd like me to address, comment to this post of e-mail me and I'll do my best for you. I'll be on for half an hour or so, vis the 'Bloggie' camera; I'll also do a follow-up post here for you.

**********

I am very sad to have to announce that Cavalcade Wargames, the people who brought us the line of Dragonblood Miniatures, are closing their store. They had some nice figures that are pretty useful - see above - and from the sound of it they'll be selling the lines of miniatures to other folks. For more information, see their website at:


**********

We had quite a fun game session yesterday, with myself in the GM chair presiding over a murder investigation. The Likely Culprit has been discovered, and now Our Heroes are trying to figure out what to do about the problem. Our nest RPG game session will be on Saturday, November 16th, and I believe that Mr. Leduc will be at the helm as his marines try to survive on their isolated island while exploring the Mysterious Ruins.

**********

Our next miniatures game session will be on Friday, November 29th, as our Annual Thanksgiving Holiday Game Event. I will be running a small but entertaining 'Braunstein' for the amusement of the players. Please contact me for more information.

**********

I will be running another miniatures game session, our Annual New Year's Holiday Miniatures Game, on Saturday, December 28th; yet another 'Braunstein', this will mark our return to our regular calendar for the 'campaign year' of gaming here at The Workbench. I'd like to repeat the kind of three-day holiday event we did a few years ago, where we had several days of miniatures and role-playing of all sorts. People had fun, and that - in my opinion! - is what it is all about.

No comments:

Post a Comment