Sunday, November 17, 2013

The Weekly Update for Sunday, November 17th, 2013

My old TSR RPGA carrying case that that nice Mr. Gygax gave me,
with quite a few figures from the 1970s and 1980s;
this is what I used to carry out to Phil's, every Thursday night...

Well, I do declare!

It has been very busy, here at the Workbench; we have a new podcast up on our new You Tube Channel - link at the bottom of the left-hand column for you - and assorted projects well in hand:

The refurbishment of the game rooms is done, and has been approved by the Usual Suspects. I still have to do a little painting of the walls, but that's a snap compared to what I have been doing. Whew! I am very happy with the place - lots of room, lots of game space, and lots of access to all the stuff!

I have finished making up all the wonderful little 'cardboard heroes' done by Amanda Dee for Tekumel - these are going off to U-Con with Brett Slocum and John Till, and really look nice. I have them in bins with handles on the top for the gents' use, and I hope that they go over well with folks at the convention.

The scenery for the April 2014 David L. Arneson Memorial Maritime Miniatures Mayhem Game is well in hand; this will be, I think, my most spectacular miniatures game ever; it's going to take place in Lake Parunal, and feature Our Heroes in peril. (Again. You'd think we'd have learned, but noooo...) All I have to do to get this game ready to go on the road is book the date at Fantasy Flight Games' Event Center, and cut some wooded supports for the four 4' x 4' clear Plexiglass sheets I'll be using for the lake's surface. I have the poker chips we'll be using to indicate 'altitude' / 'depth', and painting the miniatures will be a snap. I also have the safety divers and the Priest of Thumis' submersible to hand...

Let's see, what else...

There will be another podcast - on life at Adventure Games - on December 14th, and one on the Annual Holiday Game on the 28th. And, of course, we'll have one from the scene of the action of the November 30th miiatures game for you to be amused by. It'll be live on Qik, and archived on both Qik and You Tube.

1 comment: