Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Looking back, looking forward - January 1st, 2014

Yes; magic works a little differently around these parts...

Ah, another year gone - where do they go, eh?

It has been, from my point of view, a good year - I am still alive. Last year at this time, that was still in doubt, and I'm just happy to be here. I still get tired very easily, I don't have a lot of stamina, and I sleep in four-hour segments due to the medications that keep me alive. It could be worse, though...

A lot of stuff got done; the gaming supplies got all nicely organized, to the point where last Saturday's game took mere minutes to pull all the supplies off the shelves. The game room is also all nicely set up and organized, and it seems to work just fine as a place for people to come and have fun.

The new computer, the PC we got for Skype calls and Google+ hangouts, works just fine; I think that this will be the centerpiece of my on-line gaming this coming year. Moving my Tekumel archive up on-line is going well; we'll be done with that by this time next year.

I'm still plugging away on "To Serve The Petal Throne" and getting back into working on "Advance Standards"; I had a bad time with the former, last month, when I posted one of the chapters of the book on the Tekumel Yahoo group, and got a serious question about my spell list and why it wasn't in the rules. I also got a comment that the book is too long, and people don't have time to read anything that long. So it goes, I guess; I have a feeling that I'm still so far out of the 'mainstream' of gaming that people just don't know what to make of the things we do hereabouts.

This year will continue to build on last year's progress; I have lots of figures to paint, lots of model-building projects to finish, and games to run.

I'm looking forward to it!

2 comments:

  1. Do not worry much about 'main-stream' and produce whatever you want!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mainstream, smamstream! I'm looking forward to both books and can't wait for them to come out.

    ReplyDelete