Sunday, March 16, 2014

The Weekly Update For Sunday, March 16th, 2014 - Interlude

I've got fan-bearers; now I need fans...

I have a whole bunch of stuff to report on, for your amusement...

**********

Howard Fielding, he of The Tekumel Project, has posted a very interesting thread on the Lead Adventure Forum (which I think is a very good forum!) on a possible use of the wonderful Ancient Egyptian Palace figures being done by Mike Burns:


I am planning on doing a similar game, but one taken from an adventure that Yours Truly is writing up in Book Six of "To Serve The Petal Throne"; some Salarvyani assassins attack the palace (For reasons too complex to go into here; it's got to do with the Salarvyani civil war.) and discover that Si N'te's hiring polices for the domestic staff have some - shall we say? - unusual provisions to them...

**********

Jeff Dee, artist and author, has announced that his latest Kickstarter for the production of his "Bethorm" rules for Tekumel will be starting this week. May I suggest using the link in the left-hand column to access his Unigames website, and have a look? I think you might be pleased!


**********

Well-known blogger Dariel Qulogue has done a pair of posts on his blog, Hari Ragat, about Tekumel and how it relates to his own work:



I was first introduced to Dariel's work through Mr. J. Till, he of The Everwayan blog, and I really quite like it. He brings a non-Western viewpoint to RPGs, and his material is excellent!

**********

Also from the blog-o-sphere, long-time Tekumel enthusiast (I don't use the word fan, here, as I think there's a difference in approach; for example, I consider myself to be an enthusiast, not a fan.) Principe dell'Estria has been plugging away on his wonderful blog:


He does some wonderful work; his monograph on Tekumel naval matters is now my standard reference on the subject, and he's done a superb map of the First Imperium which is both scholarly and beautiful. I have provided a link in the left-hand column, and updates appear there as well.

**********

That, I think is everything - oops, wait...

The Ancient Egyptian Indiegogo run by Mike Burns in Leeds just keeps going from strength to strength:


I am really looking forward to these figures - and the game we can do with them!



6 comments:

  1. May I ask if 'To Serve the Petal Throne' is available to the public and also what the situation is with 'Advance Standards' - I would be very interested in finding out more about these as I am new to the Tekumel milieu and am trying to find out as much as I can.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! Welcome to Tekumel!

    "To Serve The Petal Throne" is still in draft form; I'm about 101,225 words in, and still plugging away. "Advance Standards" is basically the original rules I wrote with Phil, but updated to take advantage of the advances in gaming technology over the past thirty years.

    Fell free to e-mail me at: chirine@aethervox.net and I'll be happy to share!

    -chirine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Has there ever been a Tekumel-based computer game?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry to be getting back to you so late - I was a little busy... :)

    No, there hasn't been one. Broderbund software did a text-based RPG back in 1984 of so, but they didn't bother to get a license from the Professor and he had to have words with them...

    - chirine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks! Got curious because I wanted to play a Tekumel wargame, but having no one to play with here I thought the next best thing would be a PC game. Now I'm thinking of making a Tekumel mod for Mount and Blade. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh! Well, I'm on Skype and Google+, too. :)

      - chirine

      Delete