Sunday, March 30, 2014

The Weekly Update For Sunday, March 30th, 2014 - Losing Another Of My Generation

Galley 'Nemesis', alongside Harchar's Tnek - DLA MMM game

The major news this past week has been that we've lost yet another of my generation, brilliant artist Dave Trampier. I won't try to say what I feel about this - I don't think I can, I'm sorry - but may I suggest you have a look at the wonderful tributes to him being posted across the blogosphere.

He was a good man, and I'll miss him; he was a casualty of the Blume brothers' business style oat TSR, like so many other good people were.

**********

Mike Burns' 'Ancient Egyptian' Indiegogo has ended, with some $11,600 dollars being raised on a goal of $2,000. It looke like we'll be getting more then eighty new figures, which is not at all bad!!!

**********

Jeff Dee's Kickstarter for his "Bethorm" Tekumel RPG continues, and is doing well; may I suggest you use the link to Uni Games in the left-hand column and have a look? Thanks!

**********

Today is, I think, the last day of this year's 'Gary Con' in Lake Geneva; I hope that they did well, and people had fun.

**********

I'm not sure when I'll schedule this years David L. Arneson Memorial Maritime Miniatures Mayhem event - suggestions, anyone?

4 comments:

  1. For some reason I thought you were going to Gary Con this year. Don't know how I got that into my head.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had been planning on it, and I think I mentioned it late last year hereabouts; however, after reading Mr. Kask's comments about Mr. Arneson on your blog, I dropped the notion as I don't particularly feel the need to waste a lot of my money and my scarce vacation time needed to go to an event where I'd have to deal with that sort of thing.

    - chirine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Scheduling this time of year can be tricky. April 20 is Easter for those that care about those things. This tends to push everone's April events to April 26 so there is a lot of competition that weekend. May is vexed by Mothers Day and Memorial Day which thends to put stress on the first and third weekends by those trying to avoid conflicts with the above. The 10-17 or so is finals at the U and possibly elsewhere. Maybe either the first or second Saturday in May might be easiest - mothers Day being Sunday.


    Unless you wanted to try to squeeze it in before the 20th of April. Not a lot of time left to get organized.

    ReplyDelete