Sunday, April 20, 2014

The Weekly Update for Sunday, April 20th, 2014 - Happy Easter!

I like it, up here; it's nice and quiet.
It has been a very busy week; the Ditlana continues, of course, and I'm just starting the re-building phase of the operation. The table saw will be busy, this coming week, as I build new shelves and the new tabletop for the folding tables. Exciting times, methinks, and I'm really enjoying myself.

**********

I got an update from Mike Burns' "Ancient Egyptian" Indiegogo campaign; the casting of the new miniatures is ahead of schedule, and we should see the new figures in the mail about the middle of May. I'm really looking forward to seeing these; the photos look great, and the figures have never disappointed.

**********

Some of the storage tubs, with some of the terrain tiles

Warm weather has finally arrived, and with it comes the smell of wet paint. I'm finally able to get out into the back yard and get all of the figures that have accumulated over the long cold winter on their bases and primed. I've also gotten the storage shed, where I keep all of the 'reserve' gaming stuff stored, cleared out and reorganized. A series of new tubs - actually recycled ones from the home office - is being filled up, and the game room is getting more and more clear as a result. The ultimate goal is to be able to run games with a half-hour's notice, and with a minimum of effort. I'm well on the way to meeting that goal, and I am pretty darn pleased!

As you can see from the photo, all of the tubs have markings on them; each tub has a unique identifier, and this is keyed to the inventory I keep on the computer. Each tub also has a clear plastic pocket on it, which in turn has an insert with the contents of the tub written on it; I like to have back-up plans for my back-up plans. The idea is that if I want to run a game, say, the Battle of the Temple of Chanis, all I have to do is pull out tubs X, Y, and Z, and there we are.

**********

And a Happy Easter to everyone!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment