Wednesday, May 21, 2014

A Game for the Holiday

A little something for our next game, eh?
(Meso-American 'Temple City Set' by Stonehouse miniatures,
cheap faux Mayan temple bookends by Dave Arneson.)

As you can see, the new game table is working out very well; this table, intended for this weekend's game session, took a whole half-hour to set up, going from blank table to fully-set in no time. The game will be one of my usual 'mini-Braunsteins', with rival groups of Heroic Adventurers trying to explore the Lost Temple Complex and stay alive while finding the Fabled Enormous Treasure of Kahn Ambereen The Splendid.

Why, yes, the temple pyramids are indeed hollow, and full of Dire Perils, Horrible Monsters, and Riches Beyond Your Wildest Dreams.

I might also add that I highly recommend the sets of buildings from Stonehouse Miniatures; the temples are all fully modular, fully expandable, and very well molded and painted. They are cast in a very dense polyurethathane foam, and are very sturdy and strong. The stairways, altars, and other details are cast in resin , and of just as high a quality. The link to their website is:



6 comments:

  1. Fantastic! I so want to game on a table set up like that. Thank you for the inspiration (as always). I'll have to see if anyone stocks Stonehouse in the UK.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Would you like me to do a longer and more detailed post on how to do stuff like this?

    - chirine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As long as you have the time, and it's not taking you away from running games etc, it would interesting to learn some "tricks from the masters". Thank you.

      Delete
    2. I'll just get cracking, shall I? :)

      - chirine

      Delete
  3. Very much looking forward to it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heh! I think you'll have some fun, but what do I know, eh?

      - chirine

      Delete