Saturday, May 31, 2014

Post 200: Bad Chirine! Wicked Chirine! Naughty Chirine! OOOooo! Have I Been A BAD, BAD Boy!!!

I couldn't stop myself. I have compulsions, strange compulsions...

Well, here we are at post number 200 of this version of my little blog, and I have been a very bad, very wicked, and very naughty boy; there are  days when it pays to get up out of bed in the morning, and this is one of them.

The surface level of the game table for our little mini-campaign at the Lost Temple Tomb Complex is as before, with the marvelous 'Meso-American Temple City' set from Stonehouse Miniatures setting the scene. Below the surface, and behind the black felt curtains (courtesy of The Missus stocks of fabric, and yes, I did ask first) is the shadowy Underworld of the Temple Complex. It's dar down there, so I installed some of the IKEA showcase lights to illuminate the Dire Perils and Unspeakable Horrors (courtesy of Howard Fielding, he of The Tekumel Project, and the bane of my players' existences) and also to make sure that the Panasonic remote-control camera can send the view to the 36" M. A. R. Barker Memorial Viewing Device Of The Ancients so that the players can get lost more easily.

I am looking forward to this game session. Hoo boy, am I looking forward to this next game session...


6 comments:

  1. Sweet. Do you actually use the computer monitor during play?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment! Yes, I do use the monitor during games; I like to draw the plans for buildings, underworlds, and other structures in the computer with one of the CAD programs or Dunjinni, and then I put it up on the screen for the players to see. It really seems to help speed up game play, as I can zoom in or out to suit the situation in the game session as it unfolds. And, with the computer that drives this display also connected to the Internet through the household network system, I can access all sorts of things for players to see during the games. I find it very handy, and the players have enjoyed it as a game aid.

    I'm also happier with this large projection monitor that I was with the old CRT (an NEC multi-scan with a 24" screen) a this Sony WEGA is much more of a capable machine; I can use the remote to switch between computer inputs and various video inputs, which allows for a lot more freedom during the game.

    My eventual goal is to be able to do Skype teleconferences or Google+ hangouts from the game room, and this monitor goes a long way to helping me get to that goal.

    - chirine

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so envious right now. That sounds incredible. I hope you do record the session, as you said over on Google+, as I'd love to see how this all plays out.

    Congratulations on the 200th post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you - I'm delighted to be able to amuse you! That's the whole idea - this is supposed to be fun, after all! :)

    Yes, we'll fire up the Bloggie, and you should be able to see all the mayhem in two weeks after the game...

    - chirine

    ReplyDelete