Friday, May 30, 2014

Reeling, Writhing, And Fainting In Coils - Part the Second, And Hopefully Last

You failed them, Mr. Chairman.

It has been brought to my attention, both by automated and human agencies, that Chairman Dr. Raymond has issued a statement oh the Foundation's blog concerning my two projects, "To Serve The Petal Throne" and "Qadardalkoi: Advance Standards!", and the current discussion over on the Tekumel Yahoo group about them

I deeply regret to have to say that the esteemed Chairman is not being entirely accurate in his statements. I offer the following in reply, and this will be my final word on the entire matter; I am done with the Foundation.

**********


Apparently, you have forgotten the many, many conversations that we had about my two works over the spring, summer, and fall of 2012. I kept all of my notes of these discussions, especially from the June 2012 'Strategic Planning Session (my daughter Kerry is still waiting for the box of chocolates Ambereen told you to send to her for doing up the notes overnight, by the way), the Board meeting on August 8th, 2012, and the interminable hours of late-night phone calls you made to me trying to persuade me to run the Foundation for you because - you told me - that it was simply too much for you to handle.

You told me, over and over again, that you highly valued my works as being the 'poster children' for the Tekumel Foundation, as it showed that if I could work with you and your fellow Directors anyone could. You then failed in your duties to your fellow directors, the Professor's fans and customers, and most especially you failed Ambereen; you never established any sort of 'formal proposal and submissions process', or the various contacts and agreements that the Board and the Foundation's own lawyer advised that you prepare and implement.

You failed me, and my family, in your dealings with us. You consistently refused to carry out any of the decisions of the Board empowering you to deal with the issues facing the Foundation and the Barker Estate. I had to rely on the verbal discussions I had with you and your fellow Directors on the process of submitting my works to the Foundation

You may want to review your notes, if you took any; your insistence on having nothing in writing, so that you were protected in case of any litigation, may not have been such a good idea after all.

I do wish you the best of luck; I think you'll need it. Me, I take away something Ambereen told me in December of 2012; "The Tekumel Foundation wouldn't be having these problems if you (Jeff) were in charge." Yes, she offered me your position, and I declined.

Good luck, and Godspeed.

yours, chirine


2 comments:

  1. Thank you, Jeff, for illuminating your part of this matter.

    Now, I'm looking forward to seeing Part 2 of the temple complex expedition!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome. See today's post - your wish is my command!

    - chirine

    ReplyDelete