Sunday, June 15, 2014

The Weekly Update for Sunday, June 15th, 2014 - High Blood Pressure, An Injured Hand, and Father's Day

A view from yesterday's game - see the previous post, please.
I have had three weeks of high-pressure excursions, and I'm tired.
My dad, doing what he loved.

This is going to be a very short post. I injured the two outer fingers of my right hand yesterday, early in the morning, while getting ready for yesterday's game. Nothing broken, just some nasty abrasions and the ring finger crushed between two moving parts in a household accident; I violated my own safety rules, and was doing something complex while not having had enough sleep. I now have two fingers wrapped up in bandaged and splinted, which is a major pain in the tush - I keep banging the splints on things, and it hurts.

I've also had three weeks of weekends with high-pressure excursions to my blood pressure, and I am exhausted. As you may have noticed, I am way behind on e-mails, and this is why. The crushed fingers don't help, either. I will do my best to get caught up, but it may take a while.

It's Father's Day, and my greetings and felicitations to all of you dads out there. I got very lucky with my set; may you be as lucky, too!

Despite it all, yesterday's game went well. The videos are up on my You Tube channel, and you can have a look when you get the chance. The big-screen repeater worked well, and I was very happy with everything. Except for not being able to pick stuff up and knocking stuff over with the finger splints, ti was a great time!


3 comments:

  1. Hope the hand heals soon. Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! The splints have come off, and I seem to be healing nicely. I finally got some sleep yesterday, and some solid food - one handed cooking is not my best skill set - and I'm doing a lot better.

    - chirine

    ReplyDelete