Thursday, September 11, 2014

An Update From The Missus, the Day After...

The Missus is a Doctor Who fan from way, way back...

Here's the latest from The Missus:


Hi all!

We are home and after a nap (I had to get up at 3 a.m. because we needed to check in at 5:30 a.m.) I am feeling okay, other than a little headache.

The procedure went fine, and now I have to wait for the pathology
results, which should be back early next week.

According to the surgeon, I should not have any problems with edema because they only removed one node (in the past they would remove all of the lymph nodes under the arm, which meant that lymph couldn't drain
properly).

I follow up with the surgeon in 2 weeks, then meet with an oncologist to discuss hormone therapy then I'll need to set up the radiation therapy.

Many thanks for all the well wishes, and I'll keep you posted with updates.

10 comments:

  1. Glad to hear that things as well as can be.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! We keep hanging in there; it's all we can do.

      - chirine

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you! I'll pass that along to Herself!

      - chirine

      Delete
  3. My father had faced similar problems in the past so I wish that things go well for you. I hope things all go well and that you get some decent rest and game time.

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's pretty hectic, right now; I am in the beginning of football season, so I am working lots and lots of overtime. We're doing 'matinee' days with movie that Phil saw in his childhood; I'll be doing post on them for you.

      - chirine

      Delete
  4. Getting up at 3 am!? Jikes. I hate getting up early in the mornings so that would have killed me, if nothing else did...

    Rest and take care!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yeah, it was annoying; I had to take the night off before and after the surgery, but at least I have lots and lots of sick leave built up...

      - chirine

      Delete
  5. That's great to hear. Sounds like things are going well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's all going better then I could expect, so I have hopes!

      - chirine

      Delete