Sunday, November 2, 2014

The Weekly Update for Sunday, November 2nd, 2014 - Some Very Major Milestones

Have the Tinaliya been by here, lately?
I'll try to be brief; lots to note today, and I'm pretty happy with all the progress.

***

First off, The Missus is halfway through her series of doses of hard radiation, and while she's pretty tired out she's doing just fine. The doctors are very happy with her progress, and so am I.

***

I am very happy to announce that I have now been through the first directory / volume of Phil's computer files; I have look at and sorted out some 12,500 individual files. It's been a real slog, as Phil was not a tidy housekeeper with his files, but it's moving along. I still have three more such directories / volumes to go through, burt I'm doing what I always wanted to do - be Phil's archivist.

I will be merging my own archives with his, over the next month; I have a lot of his materials that he didn't have copies of, and I think I'll wind up with the most complete Tekumel archive around.

***

Mike Burns' Dark Fable Miniatures will be starting the next 'Ancient Egyptian' Indiegogo today, and I am really looking forward to it. Lots of very cool figures on offer, and very useful for Tekumel! There's a link in the left-hand column for you, too.

EDIT: Here's the direct link; look at all the goodies on offer!!!


***

I am very happy to be able to announce that the game room and game lounge are now set and ready for action on a permanent basis. I no longer have to 'set' or 'reset' the rooms for game sessions, which will be a huge time- and energy-saver for me. The next milepost, down in the basement, is to get the Skype and Google+ connections working in there, so I can offer on-line gaming from 'the studio' for you.

***

If I may ask, what would all of you like to see me talk about, here on the blog? This is just as much your blog as it is mine, so let me know what you'd like to hear about. Thanks!!!

16 comments:

  1. I think you already know what I like to hear: I'm a sucker for "war stories" from your old campaigns with Phil, Dave etc (as well as your more recent games). I've always been someone who learns by "watching", so this is why I enjoy hearing how other people I respect game, so I can then cherry-pick ideas for my own games.

    I also love seeing the sprawling terrain you create on your table and learning about how you put those pieces together.

    So pleased to hear everything is going well for your wife.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the kind words, and thank you for your input! I'll try to do more 'how to' articles, shall I? :)

      - chirine

      Delete
  2. Glad to hear about the missus!

    I must concur with Tim, above - more stories, more miniatures

    ReplyDelete
  3. War stories, yeah. That I'd like. Especially I like stories about how Tekumel as experiences at the professor's table made Tekumel come alive as strange and different from "ordinary fantasy" if that phrase makes any sense...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It makes perfect sense, actually. The more I talk to people, the more I realize that the Tekumel I adventured in is very different in tone and form to the Tekumel that people see in the various publications. I'm hoping that my book will help with this, but I'll try to do a lot more here on the blog for you as well. Thanks!!!

      - chirine

      Delete
  4. I'm going to vote for the war stories, too, but I also like to see your works-in-progress when it comes to minis and terrain.

    I'm a sucker for "you are there" stories about the early days of the hobby. You have so much knowledge about that time - let's get it recorded for posterity!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right! Thank you! I'll see what I can do about this - I worry about being 'a boring old fart'... :)

      - chirine

      Delete
  5. "The next milepost, down in the basement, is to get the Skype and Google+ connections working in there, so I can offer on-line gaming from 'the studio' for you."

    Now this I look forward to, since almost of my gaming has migrated to Google Plus these days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Understood - I'll see what I can do, and keep you posted!

      - chirine

      Delete
  6. I'll jump on the band wagon with war stories as well. Glad to hear your wife is doing well, and you have things organized and are looking forward to more videos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - I'll pass that along to her!

      Yep, things are so much better in the basement - it used to be like a carrier flight deck down there, with all of the stuff needing to be moved around to get ready for the next sorte. Now, I can simply do things - it's great!!!

      I'm hoping to have some stuff up for the holidays - I have three (THREE!) four-day weekends coming up, and I hope to do 'shows' for each. More on this as I figure it out... :)

      - chirine

      Delete
  7. All the best to your wife for the continuation of her treatment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And welcome to my little corner of the Internet, too! :)

      - chirine

      Delete
  8. Looking at the wagon picture makes me wonder. Because I didn't imagine any 4 wheeled carts for Tekumel.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great comment - I'll be doing an essay for you on this.

    We always assumed that the carts were two-wheeled, and Phil said do in the Sourcebook. However, there are exceptions, as we found out during the Hekellu micro-campaign, and I'll write about that for you...

    Thank you!!!

    - chirine

    ReplyDelete