Sunday, November 30, 2014

The Weekly Update For Sunday, November 30, 2014 - The Holiday, Gary Con, And "To Serve The Petal Throne"

The Union viewpoint on my little brigade,
across Dave Wesley's game table.


First off. let me apologize for being behind on my e-mails and responses to your comments on this blog. The holiday weekend turned out to be a very busy one, with visits to and from my extended family occupying most of the time. Not that I minded, you have to understand; due to my work schedule, I get to see them so few times in a year that I have to make the most of what time I do have to see them.

I am now back to my regular schedule, so I should be all caught up by the middle of this week; thank you, all of you, for your patience! The next day off I will have is the Thursday / Friday night of December 12th, to get ready for The Missus' next round of surgery. After that, I will have an eleven-day vacation coming up, over the Christmas and New Year's holidays; I have two four-day weekends over each holiday, and I put in for three day's vacation leave for the time between them. I can use the time off, as it's been a little exhausting around here of late, and I'm looking forward to being able to simply sit and write and paint miniatures.

I am expecting to get a lot done on my book, "To Serve The Petal Throne", and I think I may very well have the vast bulk of the thing done by the turn of the year. I'm finding that when I get a clear run at the keyboard, without any distractions or emergencies, I get a lot done in one sitting - I am usually able to crank out quite a bit of text, as I have all of the 'scenes' floating around in my noggin all ready to be typed out.

So, we'll see; I'll keep all of you posted, of course!

In other news, I have purchased a membership / registration for this year's Gary Con; after a exchange of e-mails with Mr. Luke Gygax of the convention's management team, I have bought a 'Silver' membership; this will allow for the chance to play in some games, if I'm able to do so, and I'm hoping to be able to get into the "Chainmail" game that I understand Paul Stromberg will be doing again this year. Mike Mornard had some very good things to say about this game last year, and that sold me on the thing.

I am working with the convention to set up a seminar / lecture / question-and-answer session, which will be part of the convention programming. Due to the kindness of a friends and fellow Tekumel fan, I now have a drive to hand that I can load all of my digital archives onto, and I will be bringing one of our fleet of laptop computers and out pair of tiny LCD projectors. For those of you who are going to be at the convention, I will be there for you; I will be able to answer your questions about Phil and his world, and show you Phil's own viewpoint on his creation through his own artwork and texts.

I also hope to have a manuscript copy of "To Serve The Petal Throne" with me for you to ponder, or to use as a doorstop.

I am, I have to say, looking forward to the opportunity to do what I love to do best - talk about Phil ad Tekumel!

1 comment:

  1. Wisconsin. March. Wish I could be there, but just not possible. Hope you have a blast.

    ReplyDelete