Friday, December 26, 2014

Boxing Day, 2014 - And A Happy Holiday To Everyone!


Good taste? Around here? What?

I am having a wonderful holiday - no stress, lots of sleep, and much higher productivity. I have gotten over 150 figures prepped and based, ahead of the upcoming 'Fortress Chalukolumel' campaign, and I've gotten over 2,000 words added to Volume VI of "To Serve The Petal Throne". I have over a week left, and I'm looking forward to the rest of my vacation and to the coming year.

I should note, in passing, that Christmas for us unreconstructed Byzantines falls on January 7th, 2015; we still use the Julian calendar, especially for liturgical purposes, and none of this new-fangled Gregorian nonsense, nosireebob! So, I get lots of holiday time every year, and I tend to enjoy all of it.

Things to look forward to in the coming month include photos of all the new figures - I am finally getting the chance to go through all of the storage bins and getting my miniatures collection sorted out - and some essays on campaigning; Lord Vimuhla is on the side of the big battalions, or at least one hopes so after putting all the effort into the battalions.

I am planning on opening the 'Chalukolumel' campaign early in the spring; the campaign will be open to all comers, and I'll be running in in classic style. You, Gentle Readers, can sign up to play the various junior officers, and send me your orders via e-mail; I'll set up the battles on the game table as they happen, and we'll fight them out on Google+ hangouts so everyone who wants to can play.

I should note that the campaign will not be a 'miniatures wargame campaign' or an RPG campaign; it will be neither, and both, just like when we played out at Phil's. We played junior people, and our 'job performance' is what got us promotions, over the years; we played a lot of our fights out 'on the table', because we could, and I'd like to entertain everyone with a chance to play like we did 'back in the day'.

So, Happy Holidays, and here's to the new year!

[edit: video upload fixed. I hope.]


5 comments:

  1. Sounds like a smashing good time. I look forward to joining the fray.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am, too! We ran around in the Chakan forests like Kaika with our heads cut off, trying to deal with the Yan Koryani, Mu'uglavyani, 'wild' Pe Choi, and the local Ito clan all at the same time. It got way too exciting, at times... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great News! Sounds like a smashing time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So, do you get time off from work for Christmas in January as well?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you're enjoying the holidays! I'm interested in taking part in your campaign. I'm not on Google+, but I'd very much like to participate via email.

    ReplyDelete