Sunday, December 21, 2014

The Weekly Update For Sunday, December 21st, 2014 - The Solstice, My Back, And The Current State Of Emergency

Something for the solstice

This will be a pretty short and quick update, today; I have managed to injure my lower back, and am not able to sit in front of the computer for any length of time. So, with your indulgence, here goes:

First off, some bad news from our friends in the UK. Stewart, one of the wonderful guys from Griffin Miniatures, passed away suddenly late last week from what appears to have been a heart attack. There isn't anything about this on their website; I got the news from mutual friends...



We here at The Workbench are dealing with a unfortunate family emergency; as I've noted elsewhere on this blog, I am currently the adopted father of three very nice young ladies. Their wonderful grandfather, Jack, is in a poor way; he's a sprightly ninety-six, but recently had to deal with an infection that really slowed him down. All of the girls and their mother are gathering, from diverse far-off lands like Switzerland and Saint Paul, and we'll likely to have to play host to some of the family. I've been getting our spare room cleared out for this, which is how I managed to sprain my back - I think I did it while moving boxes of files. (Of which we have quite a lot, actually!)

Despite this crisis, planning for the trip to Gary Con in march is moving right along. I have my registration paid for, my event submissions in, and hotel room being booked. There is still a question about transport; we may be renting a mini-van to carry everyone down to Lake Geneva, as we've been talking to people who might need rides. More on this as we get the news, of course.

I am really looking forward to my upcoming vacation - I am planning on getting this blog up to date, and a lot of work done in the game room and on the book!

Happy Solstice!!!

2 comments:

  1. Best wishes for the holidays. Take care, look after your back and good luck with everything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ouch! Sorry to hear about your back, and you have my deepest sympathies as I suffer from degenerative arthritis in my spine. Sorry to hear about your friend as well. my best wishes and prayers for a happy holiday to you and all of your family.

    ReplyDelete