Sunday, January 4, 2015

The Weekly Update For Sunday, January 4th, 2015 - Lord Vimuhla Is On The Side Of The Big Battalions (1)

Battalions of the Seal of the Worm in back,
Fangs of Drakkel in the front.

It's the first post of the new year, and there's a bit of news to share...

I will be doing a Tekumel RPG at Gary Con, in March of this coming year; I got a request from a person on the Gary Con forum, and I have submitted an event request for the game to the convention organizers. I have also submitted the same for the seminars / talks / question and answer events as well, and I will keep you all posted on what's happening with these. We have also booked my hotel room, as well as my convention registration, and I'll be there to answer your questions and play in a few games as well!

I will be opening my forthcoming campaign in the begining of April, 2015; this will be set in Prof. Barker's "Invasion of the Chakas" story arc that he started in the early 1980s, and which will be centered around the western side of the Atkolel Heights. This will be a classic 'Twin Cities-style' campaign, as we played in the late 1970s and early 1980s; it is basically a 'Braunstein'-style game, with the mix of both RPG and miniatures elements we used at Coffman Union, The Little Tin Soldier Shoppe, and out at Prof. Barker's. A big part of the campaigns we fought, back in the Dawn of Time, was doing up the figures for the games; this campaign will, I think, will provide me with the motivation to get stuff built and painted - just like it did back in the day, when I had the weekly panic to get stuff ready for the next game session out at Phil's.

Players will be junior, middle, and high-level officers from a  number of countries; we have the Tsolyani, the Mu'uglavyani, and the Yan Koryani and their allies as 'sides', each with their own mix of troops and adventurers. (And the Ito, and the wild pe Choi, and... You get the idea.) We'll have individual parties, small units in small skirmishes, and larger units in larger battles. Players will send in their 'orders' / instructions via e-mail, and I will be able to run small parties of players via Skype and Google+ as needed. Players will also get reports from their troops and spies, accompanied by lovely full-color engravings of the scene and situation courtesy of the digital technology of the Ancients. Battles and skirmishes will be fought out on my game table on the second and fourth Saturdays of the month, and these will be available to view on my You Tube channel; if there is interest, we can also put these up on Google+. (f you are not on Google+, we do have Skype.)

As an historical aside, many of the figures we'll be using are the ones we used out at Phil's, with the new figures from Howard Fielding and The Tekumel Project adding to the spectacle.

If you're interested, please feel free to contact me at: chirine@aethervox.net

Thanks!

2 comments:

  1. The campaign sounds very interesting! But, those miniatures are more so - who are the large chaps in the back? I would also like to hear any tips on painting those printed Sérudla...

    ReplyDelete
  2. here's wishing you and your family all the best in 2015. And yes, the campaign does sound very cool....love that intersection between strategic and roleplay

    ReplyDelete