Sunday, March 22, 2015

The Weekly Update For Sunday, March 22, 2015 - Staging An Invasion, And "To Serve The Petal Throne" News

The classic military transport of the 1800's...

Well, I am getting everything packed and loaded for my trip to Gary Con; I got some new information on the venue Friday, and I had to download a batch of the loaded supplies and equipment to get it repacked. The situation is a logiscit one; my Friday and Sunday question-and-answer sessions are in the Lakeview Bar, on the top level of the two-story hotel. My Saturday EPT game is in the lower level, along with the vast majority of games and events. Normally, this isn't an issue; I own a vast fleet of carts just to deal with this kind of thing.

The Chri-fly in the salve is that there isn't really an elevator between the various levels; while I can simply load in through the hotel's front door for the Q & A sessions, I'm going to have to go in over the lower-level loading dock to get to the Saturday event area. The net result is that my usual load-bearing system has had to be reconfigured to allow me to move everything by hand up and out of the van and onto the loading dock; once it's up in the air, I can move everything onto the carts - using a slightly different set of carts then usual - and get into the venue.

What is all comes down to is that I normally have to do the load-in/set/show/strike/load-out cycle by myself; I consider myself very fortunate when and if there is help available and people are willing to pitch in. This particular event is going to be one with a very, very minimal footprint; the venue is very 'tight', and there just isn't going to be the room for the kind of expansive shows that I usually do. I would not even think of doing one of my large Braunsteins at this hotel - unless I had a tent out on the patio, which would be a lot of fun!

This will, I think, be a fun trip, and a good way to mark forty years of EPT...

In other news, I have finished some revisions to the layout and organization of "To Serve The Petal Throne". You'll see these on the dedicated page I've set up for the book on this blog, and I hope you'll be amused by the thing...

1 comment:

  1. Take care with all that humping of luggage at the con - don't do yourself an injury!

    Just reading the TOC for To Serve The Petal Throne has me all fired up for the 'real thing'.

    ReplyDelete