Sunday, March 8, 2015

The Weekly Update For Sunday, March 8th, 2015 - Warm Weather Is Finally Here!!!

I'm looking forward to this!






Warm weather is finally here, and I'm delighted! My productivity is way, way up - and I am very happy with that. The basement, where the actual Workbench is located, hovers around +45F when we have below-zero temperatures and it gets pretty hard to work. I do have a battery of electric radiators, but they have to be activated in advance of any work or game sessions and this tends to limit my working time.

My writing is also going very well; "To Serve The Petal Throne" has been reorganized into six volumes, and I have been turning out something like 2,000 words a day for the past couple of weekends. I'm very pleased with the progress, and the next step is going to be an overhaul of the tables of contents and indexes to reflect the new organization.

The Missus has reached another milestone in her work getting all of our archives set up; she's now gotten most of our collection of Tekumel-related photos organized - there's over 15 gigabytes of them. Her next goal is to finish scanning all of our hard-copy holdings of all the Tekumel materials that I've been collecting for the past forty years, and once this is done she'll be finished. I stil have to sort and title all of the files, but hey - it's something I like to do.

Speaking of collecting, there's a new blog in town about Tekumel and collecting. Ted Lyng, a very long-time Tekumel fan and collector, has set up a new blog / website on the subject, and is posting articles on various topics that are worth reading - he's very good, an I'm enjoying his approach. The URL is:


Have a look; I think you might enjoy it!

I am currently very busy; I am in two 'build cycles' at once, one for Gary Con VII at the end of this month and one for the upcoming play-by-e-mail miniatures campaign which I want to start up in very early April. Lots of things happening, and I think we'll have some fun with them!

And  very nice note from Dr. Mike Burns in the UK; he's in the process of shipping more figures, this time from the latest IndieGoGo campaign. I expect to see these later this week, and I'm really looking forward to seeing them! Hurrah!

2 comments:

  1. Great progress news from your good lady wife and yourself. Got my figures from Dr Burns the other day, a fantastic addition to my Ancient Egyptian horde, I can recommend Dark Fables Miniatures to anyone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My lower level is actually colder now that it's gotten a bit warmer here. When it's really cold, the furnace runs often enough to keep it warm. But with the thermostat upstairs, when it gets warmer, especially with all the sunlight coming in to warm the house, the furnace doesn't run enough to keep the lower level warm.

    ReplyDelete