Thursday, June 4, 2015

BIG NEWS!!! Going Back To Gary Con - March 3rd - 6th, 2016

Mike Mornard, Dave Wesely, Yours Truly
I can now make an announcement!!!

"Gary Con is retracing the path of Gen Con by holding our celebration at the Grand Geneva in 2016.  If you didn't already know, the Grand Geneva (formerly The Playboy Club) was the site of Gen Con X.  The new venue will allow us to expand our footprint significantly while retaining the atmosphere and features we've developed over the past seven years."

I've been invited by Luke Gygax, the President of Gary Con, to run Tekumel events at Gary Con again this coming year. Luke asked me for a proposal on how best to do this; I submitted one, and he's accepted it. We will have a dedicated space for Tekumel at the convention in 2016, as Luke is very committed to furthering what Prof. Barker started at Gen Con all those years ago. He would like to see a mix of role-playing, miniatures, board games, and seminars; if you would like to run something as part of this celebration of Phil's life and work, please e-mail me at: chirine@aethervox.net

I would also like to let everyone know about all of the conventions that feature Tekumel programming, such as U-Con and Con of the North (just to mention two), and if folks have anything in the way of adverts or flyers they want to have us hand out, we'll be happy to do so for you.

I had a great time at Gary Con in 2015, and I'm really looking forward to going again this coming year!

2 comments:

  1. I'm not entirely sure I'll be able to make GaryCon in 2016. Other responsibilities may keep me from coming. I may be able to get Friday in, but definitely not the full weekend. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. And congratulations! I hope you have an amazing time. Will we see you at GameholeCon in Nov?

    ReplyDelete