Sunday, June 14, 2015

The Weekly Update For Sunday, June 14th, 2015 - Movement On Various Fronts

The first three days...

...and the last three days.

I am still very, very busy, and barely keeping ahead of the curve. Here's a very short round-up of the news:

First off, I will be coming off my over-night shift at work sometime in the next few months. I will be moving to a second-shift position, which will help me quite a lot to really get some use out of my very limited free time. I will actually have two full days of clear free time, instead of the two half-days and one full day I have now.

Gary Con planning is going very well; we had a meeting of the 'working group' yesterday, and we came up with a very - and I do mean very! - tentative schedule of events for the weekend that fills Luke Gygax's desire to have "four to five games going at once" during the weekend. I trotted out my Ancient Technology to plan out the schedule, and using these will make it very easy to change and revise as we get further into the process. I also built the tall stand for the 32" LCD screen I want to have available for games; I found that an active display works a lot better in the game convention situation then an LCD projector does. Gary Con planning is now on the back burner, as I wait to hear back from Luke Gygax and Paul Stromberg.

Which is actually nice, because I can now get caught up on some 'behind the scenes' stuff that I'm working on, as well as getting the play-by-e-mail campaign up and running. The Missus is computer shopping, and I'm getting stuff made and ready.

I am happy to report that I am getting back onto the Workbench proper - new lead has come in, all the was from Alaska! - as well as getting back to writing "To Serve The Petal Throne"; I am currently setting down The Adventure Of Chirine's Wedding Day, and what happened both that night and the next morning. As usual in our Tekumel adventures, nothing went according to plan, and everyone had a very good time.

I am also delighted to be able to report that Volume 3 of "The Excellent Travelling Volume" arrived yesterday, and I really like it; I'll have a much longer post on it as soon as I finish reading it. Very solid work, and very useful for the Tekumel campaigner!

No comments:

Post a Comment