Tuesday, July 21, 2015

25 Years of Patience

The Missus loved this;
I think Mr. Frazetta would have, too.

This is a post that actually does have something to do with gaming, but you'll have to be patient.


Today marks the twenty-fifth year The Missus and I have been married.


The Missus has survived a lot, over the years. Surgery, cancer, my brain bleed, a fire, some tornadoes, and all of the slings and arrows that life delivers. Through it all, she's been my anchor, helping me navigate life's adventures.

She's also been the one who's supported me and my love of Tekumel, and also been the one who's brought you so many of the products and publications that we did over the decades. She first came to me and to Tekumel when she came to work for us at the old office, where she transcribed all of my copies of Phil's index cards onto our first-generation computers. She's been the one to do all the nasty little jobs that nobody else wanted, like transcribing all of the Professor's articles to create the anthology of them that we published. her most recent publication was for the Tekumel Foundation, the side-by-side edition of the 'mimeo' play-test version of EPT.

Throughout all these years we've been together, her patience and her support have been crucial to keeping Tekumel alive. if it hadn't been for her unstinting support and help, we would never have been able to keep things going, and have a wonderful time adventuring in Phil's wonderful creation.

She's taken a lot of crap and abuse from some 'big name Tekumel people' for doing that, sad to say. She's risen above it all, and kept on supporting Phil and his work - she was instrumental in making his last months comfortable, helping his wife navigate the mazes of the health care system and getting Ambereen and Phil all the help that she could. She took a lot more crap and abuse for doing so, but she did it anyway along with two of her five adopted daughters because it was the right thing to do.

We're hoping to have twenty-five more years, and maybe something after that. We'll see how it goes, and we'll keep you posted.

Here's to my Missus; all my love, and all my best!!!

18 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary! Here's to the next 25! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! My wife and I are only half way there, but I'm looking forward to the next 12 1/2!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Decades of marriage to someone who you love and like is a worthy accomplishment to be proud of. Congratulations to the both of you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. All the best man...hope the next 25 years is as beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cheers, here's to many more ahead!

    We're at 15, and it has been quite a ride.

    Big hugs to both of you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! Sounds like we have a long way to go at my house.

    (When i was younger i envied those of you in Minneapolis, getting to play with the Professor. Not for the first time it sounds like while it had its up sides, it had its downsides too. My sympathies!)

    ReplyDelete