Saturday, August 15, 2015

And Now, The Good News!


Ral Partha 'Chaos" soldiers, from Iron Wind Metals

 And we're back.

Let's have some good news, shall we? As previously reported in these pages, Ral Partha, the miniatures company that I grew up with and which set the tone and look for our game sessions out at prof. barker's for years, is back. I don't know if I gave the link to their new website, so I'll do it again:


having had a very successful Kickstarter campaign, the boys and girls behind this effort are adding some new packages that will interest both miniatures and RPG gamers; they've introduced sets of these classic figures to the webstore, and these sets give a nice assortment of figures - and a very good price. You can now get a selection of good figures, what will work very well for either RPGs, skirmishes, or the big battles, and all with the same figures. Much more 'bang for your buck', and in a good solid metal that's nice and durable.

There are seven sets up  the webstore now, with a lot more on the way. Ral Partha had one of the most diverse and well-sculpted lines of figures in the industry, and they're all on the way back. Bookmark the site; you'll want to keep looking in on them!

And I can say that I am very, very pleases with the figures I've gotten from them; I am in the process of rebuilding my units, getting them up to full strength, and the newly-cast figures look just as good as the old ones. Crisper, too; the new metal they are using, plus the advances in modeling and casting technology, have combined to make these figures some of the very best in the business.

Ral Partha is also committed to staying in touch with us gamers, too. Here's another link I think you'll find useful:


Take a really good look at this, if you would. A bunch of really cool and talented people are reaching out to all you equally cool and talented people out there in the world to come and participate in what they are doing. Give them a shout - I don't think you'll be disappointed with the response you get...

And am I excited about all this? You bet I am; this is some of the best news I've had this year, and it's been keeping me going through some pretty trying times. Ral Partha was a huge part of what we did, back in the day, and I am simply delighted to see them back with all of us.

2 comments:

  1. Takes me back to the ads I oogled back in the day in the D&D products I managed to procure as a kid in small town Alaska - there was no FLGS in my town, and where I lived in southeast Alaska the next town one could drive to was in Canada and it was 243 miles away. When my family took trips "Outside" or to the "Lower 48" I would spend my hard earned cash on D&D goodies but I never had the money for minis. Oh how I wished I did though - and Ral Partha was on the top of my covet list :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm very much looking forward to getting the results of the Kickstarter and adding on with these starter packs. Those Chaos Warrios and Foot Knights are going to make some excellent evil foes for my players, much to their chagrin...

    ReplyDelete