Saturday, August 15, 2015

First, The Bad News...




The Missus, in better days...
Right. Let's get this over with, so I can get to the good news in the nest post. There is some good news, I am happy to report.

 I've been asked - politely - why I haven't been posting on this blog lately. Well, here's the deal:

I try very hard to keep the personal stuff out of this blog, but sometimes it's really hard to do so. At the moment, it's impossible. My beloved Missus, she who has supported Tekumel for nearly three decades with her time, money and energy, has suffered some sort of neurological 'incident'. The motor controls on the left side of her face no longer work. The doctors says it's not a stroke; they checked, and did a CAT scan. Nothing; they are baffled. In the meantime, The Missus's health has been declining for the past three months, and so I've been a little distracted.

On top of this, I am no longer on third shift; my department at work has been reorganized, and I now work a 3:30 pm to midnight shift. I have been on third shift (10:00 pm to 6:00 am, more or less) for almost a decade, and it's odd to be back out in the sunlight. I've been exhausted, and as a result not a lot has been getting done here at the Workbench. I've had to adjust my own medications schedule and thus my sleeping and eating ones as well, and it's been tough. From what my doctors tell me, I seem to have suffered minor damage to the 'lizard brain' at the base of my skull during the brain bleed I had three years ago, and I am having difficulty with extremes of temperature. As I work outdoors, the recent high-heat-index days have been very tough, and have added to my exhaustion.

We'll survive; she and I have had worse. Let's move on, shall we? And thank you all for all your good wishes and patience!

- The Management

7 comments:

  1. Hang in there you two - you will get through it. And don't worry about us; we will be here waiting patiently.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hoping everything works out for you both.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear it, Chirine. I wish you and the Missus wellness and health.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry to hear all this. Hope matters improve as soon as possible. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have they looked into Bell's Palsy?

    https://www.google.com/search?q=Bells+Palsy&rlz=1C1CHFX_enUS513US513&oq=Bells+Palsy&aqs=chrome..69i57j0l5.3187j0j1&sourceid=chrome&es_sm=93&ie=UTF-8#safe=off&q=Bell%27s+Palsy

    Wishing you both well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was going to suggest investigating BP, too: my father had it for a few years, and it definitely looks like stroke at first.

    Allan.

    ReplyDelete
  7. BP struck me two years ago. Sounds exactly like what has happened.

    ReplyDelete