Sunday, January 3, 2016

The Weekly Update For Sunday, January 6th, 2016 - A Milestone Reached And Passed

Yep; It's Himself.
 Forty years old, and still on active service for the Imperium.
Some things do never change, do they?

The new regime seems to suit me. I am happy to be able to report that I have passed a milestone of of sorts in "To Serve The Petal Throne", the account of our adventures in the original Thursday Night Group out at Professor Barkers. I have added some more to Books Five and Six, bringing the total word count to - fanfare, please - 120,574 words across the six volumes in the set.

I'm going to take a break from Five and Six for a while, and spend some time in Four; I've got the hankering to write up The Affair of the Malchairan Emerald, which we played out in between the Northeast Frontier campaign and the Hekellu - Sirum campaign. This adventure was the closest phil ever came to a 'module' in his campaign, and it sets the stage for the Kolumeljalim to come as well as some of the reasons behind the recent civil war in Tsolyanu.

You'll get to meet some new faces in amongst the old ones, and follow Our Heroes through the tubeway car system on a very long and interesting trip.

(The FAQ page has also been updated.)

*****

It's that time of the year when I do the miniatures inventory, and I have been at work in the game room getting everybody sorted into the right boxes and trays. Things do get a little disorganized during the clean-up after game sessions, and I wanted to take a little time to get everything put back into the right boxes before I start the count.

This time around, unlike past years, I will be photographing the contents of all the storage trays, just as I did for Phil's own Tekumel miniatures collection. We're at the stage where I really need to do this; the last photo inventory is now over five years old.

*****

Not much else to report, so i'll sign off for now. Here's hoping that your holiday has been a happy one!

No comments:

Post a Comment