Monday, February 15, 2016

The Weekly Update - February 15th, 2016 - Pilgrims To The Holy Mountain

TRE Games strikes again - more furniture, and a
SPIRAL STAIRCASE! Whoo Hooo! :)

This past weekend marked the annual local game convention, Con of the North, and I had a steady stream of visitors throughout the weekend. I had a grand time, telling people about Phil and Tekumel.

The Usual Suspects of 'The Friends of Tekumel' group put on a pretty darn good show, from the reports and photos, and I am very pleased at how well it all went.

It was asked why I wasn't there, and the answer is pretty simple; the guys had a limited space available to them, and they had a full program of events to run. My style of game play, heavy on the miniatures, scenery, props, and just plain stuff does not fit easily into limited spaces. The logistics of my gaming, anywhere, requires people and time to help me move in and out of the venue - and which are usually not available, especially on a convention weekend, as people are working on and running their own games.

Which, in my personal opninion, is a very good thing for Tekumel as a whole. More then one person has noticed that for the past thirty-five-plus years, Yours Truly has been out there stumping the hustings for Tekumel; it's been a lot of work, a lot of effort, a lot of time, and (if I may say) a lot of cash to do it. So, I am pretty delighted that the Con of the North events happened, because it's a sign that the thing has 'legs of it's own'. I am very pleased.

Having visitors in, on the other hand, is a lot less of a drain on my very limited stamina and energy, and it's a lot easier for me to simply pull something off the shelf to show a guest. So, win-win all the way around, from my point of view.

***

I will be taking this week to answer the backlog of e-mails that I have amassed. Please be patient... :)

***

TRE Games - I don't know if their website is up yet - has some new furniture, as seen above, and the Holy Grail of model builders, a spiral staircase. More on these as I get them built - I am really looking forward to these kits!!!

***

Lots more going on; more as I can get to the keyboard!

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Woo Hoo!!! Thank you!!! Last time I talked to Tim, he said he'd been having trouble with the website, and it works just fine now!!! Great catch!!! Thank you!!! :)

      Delete
  2. I can't figured out how to put together the parts in the middle. The ones with 2 U shapes (table legs?) and the circle stool top inside another square that's inside another square.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right; gotcha. The round stool top gets removed, as does the square matrix it sits in. This gives you a hollow square that fits around the pair of square U-shapes - these are indeed the legs for the table. I glued the square to the table, then the legs inside the square.

      Does this help, at all?

      Delete