Tuesday, February 23, 2016

The Weekly Update - February 23rd, 2016 - TRE Games Wins Again!!!

Round tables and stools, triple bunk beds or shelves,
and a practical spiral staircase!
The new series of these kits; the flat stairwell 'tiles' pop out of the matrix,
and are double-sided - 'UP' and 'DOWN'...
This was about ten minutes of work; the crates can be modeled with
the lids open, which I think it pretty cool!

It was a very long weekend; we had the NHL Stadium Hockey series in, and I worked back to back Saturday and Sunday games, which is why this update is so late. (I also had a long phone call yesterday, which took up all my free time. Anyway...) I did get the chance to build some of the TRE Games furniture kits, and pick up some more as well.

The new (to me, anyway) kits are a set of double bunk beds, to go with the triple bunk beds, and two sets of crates. I always need crates, especially the bigger ones, so these kits are very welcome.

Building all of these kits is very easy - use a tacky craft glue, and they are done in no time flat.

I put Chirine and Origo in the picture of the built-up crates for two reasons; one, to show size, and the other to show tactics.

We're rifling somebody's warehouse, and there's the expected banging on the door with shouts of "OPEN UP, IN THERE!" from the guards. Vrisa assumes a decorative pose, I break left and dive behind some chests and crates, and Origo breaks right:

Origo:  "I get in the crate and pull the top over me, Phil."
Phil:  "Huh?"
Origo:  "Yeah, it's the big crate you said was empty, when I looked in it."
Phil:  "Oh, all right."

So the guards finally come bursting in, are stopped dead in their tracks by the sight of Vrisa (the usual reaction, actually) and while they are distracted Origo lifts his box lid and zaps them with his Eye of Raging Power.

Tactics, and why crates are so useful.

And that spiral staircase!!! Practical, useful, and easy to build - I'll be getting more of them!!!

Special thanks to the reader who pointed out that the TRE Games website is up, too!

4 comments:

  1. Are there any plans to do more of the gameplay videos like the four-part series you posted on youtube? It was awesome to watch and they dont seem like they'd be all that much more work beyond the game itself (and rendering the videos).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a longer answer for you - see today's post... :)

      Delete
  2. I couldn't find their furniture on the website... it looks like that is true 25mm compatible!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You deserve a longer answer - see today's posts! :)

      Delete