Wednesday, May 25, 2016

A Tale of Two Computers - a Hardware Change, Hereabouts

The old Dell, now in reserve


The big Mac 'billboard' - I have no idea what the actual model number is - has been having issues over the past couple of days. It's almost a decade old, and has seen a lot of use over the years. The power supply is cutting in and out, so we're retiring it to the reserve fleet. The machine that I am now using, here at the Workbench, is a MacBook that is much newer - which means it's got the Intel chip set, and more updated software then the desktop did. Things load a lot faster, work a lot better, and I'm a lot happier.

The Missus will be moving the One True Manuscipt for "Two Serve The Petal Throne" over to this machine, as well as my e-mail software. If you've e-mailed me in the last 48 hours,  be patient; we're working on this. If you've e-mailed me in the past 48 days, I haven't forgotten you; you will get an answer.

The pair of older Mac G3 laptops will love in the game room as display drivers, backed up by the HP laptop for Internet access. These are all 'legacy' computers, and I use them for game displays.
And I can load photos much easier, too!!!

3 comments:

  1. Had to buy a new laptop myself, earlier this month. Windows 10 is a chore.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Had to buy a new laptop myself, earlier this month. Windows 10 is a chore.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can sympathize. Getting the new unti up and running has been a chore, but the Missus has been doing a great job.

      Delete