Monday, May 16, 2016

The Weekly Update - Monday, May 16th, 2016 - Taking Stock Of The Mayhem

Not that I'll have the time to sit in mine, but I can dream...

Here we are, in the middle of May, and I am now reveling in having two weeks of time off from work. I rack up four hours of vacation time every pay period, and I rarely take time off - so, the time builds up, and eventually I have to use some of it up or I start losing it. So, I am home for two weeks, and if I can get Blogger to work - we're having issues - there will be more posts as the weeks go on.

This is a sort of historic event; this will be the first time in over two decades that I am taking a vacation that does not require me to spend the whole time doing things for other people. Instead, I get to do things for me and the Missus, which is a real change of pace!

So, what am I going to be doing with all this free time?

Writing, of course; I'm hoping to get at least 100,000 words done on "To Serve The Petal Throne". I'd like to get the "Affair of the Malchiran Emerald" done, as it was Phil's only real essay at a stand-alone adventure.

Building. I have a Sakbe Road to get all the battlements done on, and then texture the thing so I can finally paint it.

Sort out the unpainted lead pile; I have over a hundred old metal Reaper figures that I bought 'on spec' and which never got used, and I'd like to find them new homes. Same for a bunch of other figures that I'll never use.

Thoats. Get the thoats done, so we can play some Barsoom-based games.

There's also some domestic chores I'll be working on, but I won't bore you with the details of painting the trim on he house... :)

4 comments:

  1. Ye olde leade pile! I'm whittling mine down as well, finally getting started on Ral Partha Chaos Wars Kickstarter 1 minis. They paint up nice using the Foundry method.

    We should connect this summer, @thePrincessWife and I will be in the Dells a few weekends.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I agree! I'm finally getting all of the old figures that I don;t use sorted out, and reorganizing the ones that I do use.

      Agreed; I still have something like 100 hours of vacation time stacked up... :)

      Delete
    2. That's always a fun venture. Everytime I go into my bits box or my "I don't ever intend on using these" box, I find more minis that I decide that I can't live without!

      I'm currently working on the Wave 1 Ral Partha's, and have just about wrapped up ordering what I want out of the Wave 2. Wave 2 will only add about 25 minis to the pile, a mere flesh wound!

      PS. I've got 1:1 D&D scaling up to 10:1 conflicts and then back to 1:1 figured out in the middle of the game - done it three times with tabletop folks. I've also been doing solo gaming in the campaign, using One Hour Wargames, but about to venture into using 15mm and HOTT as the next conflict will be between armies and not little company actions.

      Delete
    3. Sounds very, very cool! I'm kinda behind, due to a lower back injury, but getting back to painting. Had the ISP tech in, and we're getting much better service after a model upgrade...

      Delete