Wednesday, June 22, 2016

The Weekly Update - Wednesday, June 20th, 2016 - Better Late Then Never!

All silvery, with the hatch inked in.
A little 'used, with one owner'; the neat hole above the
hatch is where somebody took a shot at us...

There's been a lot of real-world stuff happening, some good and some not so good, which is why I am so late this week. The tubeway car is done - at least this particular model - and we're going to move on a bit. I may do another tubeway car, 'newer' looking, but right now I'm thinking about a station to go with the new underworld tiles...

I've been asked by a regular reader about how I paint figures, and I'll be starting a series of essays on this subject as the week continues. What I thought I'd do is follow a group of miniatures through the 'commissioning process' from the time they arrive here at the house through to when they appear in a game. I am taking photos as I go - finally!!!! - and I hope you'll find this interesting.

In the meantime, here are the blogs of two friends who have what I think are great approaches to using miniatures in their games:



More to come!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for mentioning my blog, Chirine! That's really awesome!

    But I must say I disagree with your description of that round silvery marvel you have up there... That is NOT a "tubeway car", my friend. It's the Egg of the World!!!!! No, it wasn't destroyed at Dormoron, and Subadim kept it hidden for all this time! Praise the Wizard!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for mentioning my blog, Chirine! That's really awesome!

    But I must say I disagree with your description of that round silvery marvel you have up there... That is NOT a "tubeway car", my friend. It's the Egg of the World!!!!! No, it wasn't destroyed at Dormoron, and Subadim kept it hidden for all this time! Praise the Wizard!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome! I really hope that this is not the Egg of the World; been there, had a very bad time!!! :)

      Delete