Tuesday, August 9, 2016

The Weekly Update - Tuesday, August 9th - Much, Much Happening!!!

Mostly personal news, so a personal photo... :)


There's quite a lot happening at the moment, so this will be a very short post...

The BIG news is that my Fifth Daughter will be moving back to the United States this winter, to go back to school, and will be staying with us here at the little house. It'll be different; we'll once again have the pitter-patter of little feet about the place, and it'll be a lot of work to get her room ready - but that, when all is said and done, is what being a parent is all about.

Of lesser import, probably, but a big deal for me is that "To Serve The Petal Throne" has now broken through 125,000 words; some small additions to Books Three and Six moved us along nicely. I am getting more writing time in, and I am very pleased with how the book is going.

In gaming news, TRE Games has updated their website with more new kits. I have had a chance to look them over /in person', and I am hugely impressed. New 28mm buildings, new accessories, and some very - and I do mean very! - tempting skyships. Have a look; I think you'll be impressed.

I found an interesting little 'dungeon tile' set, the other day; very nice plywood with a stone finish and a 1" grid engraved on the faces. See it at:


And it's their catalog number BPN07070.

My brother has been off to Gen Con this past weekend, and has been sharing lots of photos on Facebook. He had a great time, and from the look of it the costuming has gotten a lot more sophisticated then back in my day. Wonderful stuff, and a joy to behold.

Mopre to come, with reports and photos, when I have a few moments. Be seeing you! :)

2 comments:

  1. I literally just donated a bunch of those tiles to Goodwill the other day. I tried to sell them, I tried to give them away and nobody wanted them! Timing is everything...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! I feel like I should apologize, or something.

    I've got 'generic' tiles, with no furnishings or anything on them, as I have enough stuff to set out a pretty decent room or two.

    I am genuinely surprised that nobody wanted these! I was at the FLGS yesterday, and helped make a sale of the Piazo one for them...

    Hmmm. Lots to think about, here...

    ReplyDelete