Monday, September 19, 2016

The Weekly Update - Monday, September 19th, 2016 - Being Alive And On Stage

The table-top display; the lights fox the camera's auto-focus.
It was one of those 'very busy' weekends; I had to miss a "Close Action" game run by Tom Arndt, must to my dismay. I was in the throes of getting this display unit read for an event in two weeks, the Dave Arneson Day at The Source Comics and Games. It'll be a day of games and fun in honor of one of my favorite people, and I've been asked to appear as a kind of 'living encyclopedia' to answer questions about Dave, Gary, Phil, and the early days of our hobby.

I'll be sitting with Bob Meyer, who inherited the original Blackmoor from Dave, and we'll be sitting in front of this lovely Skyline display unit that is part of my fleet of events production equipment. I have this table top set and a huge 'trade show' unit, and both have come into demand from people who want me to show up and be on exhibit during their event to talk to people. I think it'll be fun, myself, and I'm looking forward to it!

I clean forgot to note that as of September 15th, I have now been alive for four years after my brain bleed. I'm pretty happy with that fact, and I intend to be around for a while longer to answer your questions - all I want to do is paint my figures, build my models, run my games, and tell my stories.

So, as we continue on our journey, welcome aboard! The fun's just begun!



4 comments:

  1. Cheers on being alive...I think I just discovered your blog THREE years ago. Thanks for keeping it going!
    : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, and I hope you're enjoying your visits! I will keep the blog going for as long as all of you ant me to; I brought the thing back from the dead because people liked you told me that you enjoyed what I had to say - this is your blog, more then it is mine, I think...

      Delete
  2. "All I want to do is paint my figures, build my models, run my games, and tell my stories" should be the Tabletop Gamers' universal motto. 😎

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'd think it might be, wouldn't you. I've seen far too much in the way of 'gamer politics' over the decades, and it's done more to kill off creativity and imagination then anything else. I first ran into this kind of thing with HGMS-East in the early 1980s, and it killed my interest in historicals. These days, I play what I like, model what I like, and if people want to come along on my journey they are certainly welcome to! I am enjoying what I do, and if that gives some people gas, them they need to take some bicarbonate of soda and calm down.

      Delete