Sunday, January 29, 2017

The Weekly Update - Sunday, January 28th, 2017 - New Miniatures, and Wonderful Games

The card we got in our order

Fisrt off, we have a new look here at the Workbench; the old Blogger template that I was using seems to have developed a odd bug, and the colors of the text changed yesterday to something odd. So, a new template, and we'll keep an eye on things.

A new source of fun figures: Alex Bates and his 'Forge of Ice'. He does not have a website per se, but does have a Facebook page. Our set of 'Sleazy Merchant and Sleepy (4) and Alert (2) Guards" has arrived, and are simply fun to look at - they will paint up very well, I think, and I'll get photos up as soon as I can. I'll work on the link, too.

Had a great game session, yesterday, with the D&D group I am playing with. I will have a longer report later, but I was out until after midnight and need to take a nap, now that I have gotten my pills. So, more later; great game play by some very fun players; I also got to talk a lot about Tekumel to people, which was heaps if fun.

Off for now; back in  few hours...

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you! I still don't know what happened, but at least we're still in action...

      Delete
  2. Looking forward to seeing your paintjob on the figures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll get you photos. These will be basically Phil's usual 'linen' kilts, and probably either leather or bronze helmets. I am seriously thinking about using some of my tiny rare-earth magnets in the shields, with matching 'pads' on the two alert guards; I'd like to have the option of having the shields on them, and also 'lying around' for those pesky player-characters to pick up and use...

      Delete