Monday, February 13, 2017

The Weekly Update - Monday, February 13th, 2017 - A Cold and A Convention

He looks like I feel, today.

I've been suffering from a very bad head cold all through this past week, and am just now starting to feel like a human being once again. Lots and lots of orange juice and bed rest, and getting chicken soup into me by the bucket load. Which is helping, and I need all the help that I can get; I will be at the local game convention, Con of the North, working for Bill Hoyt as the stagehand for his "RPGs in the Twin Cities" display. Bill will be providing all of the content, as he was there back in the day, and I am setting up the smaller of my two Skyline displays for him to use. This is the same one that we used for the "Dave Arneson Day" at The Source Comics and Games, and is easy to set up and take down. Looks good, too, if I do say so myself.

I will not be running games at the convention; I am, to be honest, too space- and time-intensive for most conventions to get the most out of me. Now, that said, I can highly suggest Brett Slocum's Tekumel programming track, which he's been running for a number of years, and this always has a very good selection of events and GMs. I think you can see his program of games here at the convention's website:


If you're going to be at the convention, I'll be in the Fireside Lounge all weekend, typing away on "To Serve The Petal Throne on my laptop, answering questions, and trying to look intelligent... :)

1 comment:

  1. Get well, Chirine!

    Looking forward to your next Weekly Update, with pictures of that display maybe? ūüėČ

    Anyway, have a very nice con!

    ReplyDelete