Sunday, June 11, 2017

The Weekly Update - Sunday, June 11th, 2017 - The Situation, As Of The Moment (4)

The hostile forces
The situation ended in a stalemate, with both sides looking through their various magical spells at each other. This ended the two back to back game sessions, but the players have vowed to return sometime this summer and break out of their Dire Peril. Which they don't seem to be all that concerned about, actually...

It's nice to be able to lave this all set up; one of the reasons I built the game room in the first place.

A long hot day yesterday - most of the past week, actually, but the air conditioners aer back in their windows here at the house and keeping the humidity and temperature down for the Missus. I've spent a lot of time in the nice cool basement, working in the game room to sort things, and we're surviving.

Going to be a very busy day, today; I'm up at dawn as usual to get good Internet access, which is why all the photos have loaded. I'll be off to see the original Blackmoor players - they are getting together for a special game session at Bob Meyer's, today - and then off to the FLGS for more Blackmoor; the party I'm with is about to get jumped by some goblins working for the Egg of Coot, and as a member of the party I want to be there to do my bit.

Not much else in the way of news; all three of the sisters - Daughters 3, 4, and 5 - will be in town for Third Daughter's wedding, and Fourth will be here for a whole month. This raises the possibility of having four of the fine all in one place at the same time, which is a little mind-boggling.

Off to Free RPG Day at the FLGS next Saturday, then a familiy function Sunday, so it'll be jjust as busy this coming week for me... :)

4 comments:

  1. And this, ladies and gentlemen, is how a one-off game turns into a campaign! Well done, Chirine!

    Good luck in your Blackmoor game. I envy you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I try to give visitors to the Workbench a good time, and we'll see what develops from this pari of games.

    Thank you, again! I'll have a longer report on the festivities this Sunday, as soon as I organize my notes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a tense fight down there in the Underworld. Great fun to get a peek into the game happening.

    My daughter watched the pictures with me, and she was impressed you built everything for a scenario.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, thank you! I'm delighted to hear that the young lady was impressed; I try to provide a good time, with lots of fun details, and I'm glad she liked what she saw. :)

      Delete